Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bloggin' Through the Playoffs - Kazmir to Start Game 1

Hi folks, looks like we have Scott Kazmir starting game 1 of the World Series. Sort of ironic if you think about it. Scotty got the win in the All-Star game which gave the Rays home field advantage in the Series. This could prove very pivotal as the Rays had the best home record in baseball this season, winning at a .703 clip. Also, another point of irony is that Brad Lidge, the Phillies dominant closer was the losing pitcher in that all-star game.

On a separate issue, I also wanted to ask you to compare the following pictures. My buddy Smitty thinks I looks a lot like Scott Kazmir. Even some of our friends who we sit near at the games thought I was his brother. What do you think? I included a couple of my pics for comparison. Oh yeah, Scotty's picture is 1st.



I wonder if I showed up at the game in a Rays uniform if I could sneak into the clubhouse or dugout or something? Obviously, something would be up when I started throwing right handed, but maybe I could get on the field? Naaahhhhh, forget about it, I don't want to get kicked out of the stadium for game 1 of the World Series!

Now that we are off topic and talk has shifted into sneaking into sporting events, how many of you have heard of Barry Bremen? Here's a link to his page on Wikipedia. Barry has snuck into all sorts of sporting events over the years. From his Wiki Page: From 1979 to 1986, Bemen posed as a Major League Baseball Umpire in the World Series (maybe we'll see him tomorrow), a player in the MLB All-Star game, a player in the NBA All-Star game, a referee in the NFL, a professional golfer, an emmy award winner accepting an award on someone else's behalf and my personal favorite, a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!

That's it for now, look for an in depth analysis soon on the series and our real chances.

Go Rays!
- Steve

No comments: