Friday, October 17, 2008

Bloggin' Through the Playoffs - Coming Home for Game 6

I am finally able to sit down and write about last night. You just knew that the Red Sox still had some punch left in them. While I was almost physically sick to my stomach after it ended, I had a sort of smile on my face because this is what it's all about in the post season. Sure, you can 2nd guess Maddon's decision to bring Balfour in early and the Dan "Deer in the Headlights" Wheeler decision to leave him in so long, but you know what... those guys have done it the whole season. The old adage is "you dance with what brung ya" (is that a word, brung).

Anyway, I think the odds are still very, very high that the Rays can win 1 out of 2 at home and go to the series. I look for them to continue to hit and bounce back just like they have done all season long. Big game James Shields is going to throw a great game and the hitting will continue. The place is going to be REALLY LOUD. There will be over 41,000 there and we will see the return of Thunderdome. Remember when the Lightning were playing there and they set an attendance record at the time of 27,227? I don't think the Red Sox really know what the Tampa fans have in store for them when they step onto the field Saturday night.

My wife and I are going to the game as my son Cade and his buddy Jacob have a double-header they are playing in. For your viewing pleasure, here's a pick of the boys and the signs we had at the last home game. Check out the Red Sox fan in the background. Click for a larger view.


Go Rays!
- Steve

No comments: